The author of the book: Barbara J Aehlert|
Format files: PDF, EPUB
The size of the: 332 KB
Edition: Elsevier Health Sciences
Date of issue: 10/20/2006
Description of the book "Pediatric Advanced Life Support Study Guide - Revised Reprint / Edition 2":Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines! Popular author, Barbara Aehlert, incorporates both prehospital and hospital management of pediatric emergencies. In a concise, easy-to-read outline format, it provides the most essential information a provider needs. It is also the approved text for the American Safety &- Health Institute PDF's (ASHI)pediatric advanced life support course. For more information on ASHI courses, call 800-246-5101 or visit ashinstitute.org. Instructor resources available- contact your sales representative for details.
- An outline format featuring bulleted lists, concise tables, and a user-friendly writing style makes this comprehensive text incredibly easy ePub to read and understand.
- A Pretest and a Posttest consisting of multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, and essay questions tests readers' overall comprehension of the material.
- Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines.
- PALS Pearl Boxes help readers apply information covered in the PDF text to real-life clinical situations.
- Sidebars contain additional information relevant to the topics covered in the chapter, giving readers an opportunity for further learning.
- A laminated quick reference card gives practitioners easy access to critical information in the field or hospital. This convenient card includes essential information regarding respiratory and heart ePub rates, blood pressure, basic life support interventions, Glasgow Coma Scale, airway size and equipment selection for intubation corresponding to the Broselow Resuscitation Tape, several pediatric algorithms, and pain assessment tools.
The book contains predominantly color illustrations, with some black-and-white illustrations.