The author of the book: George T. Haley|
Format files: PDF, EPUB
The size of the: 13.37 MB
Date of issue: 6/29/2009
Description of the book "New Asian Emperors: The Business Strategies of the Overseas Chinese / Edition 1":
Southeast Asia has a population of more than half a billion, yetits economy is dominated by about 40 families, most of OverseasChinese descent. Their conglomerates span sectors as diverse asreal estate, telecommunications, hotels, industrial goods,computers and sugar plantations. New Asian Emperors shows how andwhy Overseas Chinese companies continue to dominate the region PDF andhave extended their reach in East Asia, despite the Asian financialand SARS crises of the past decade. The authors base theirconclusions on in-depth structured interviews spanning a decadewith the often elusive Overseas Chinese CEOs including Li Ka-shing,Stan Shih, Victor Fung, Stephen Riady and Sukanto ePub Tanoto, as wellas on the strategic information that their companies use.
The analysis of the New Asian Emperors' present-day managementtechniques and practices draws on the history, culture andphilosophical perspectives of the Overseas Chinese in SoutheastAsia. In the midst of today's global economic crisis, this bookalso takes PDF a fresh look at the role and management practices of theOverseas Chinese as they continue to create some of Asia'swealthiest and most successful companies.
New Asian Emperors explains:
- The sources and characteristics of Overseas Chinesemanagement-
- Whether Overseas Chinese management practices will spread inthe same way that Japanese management ePub did in the 1970s-
- Whether Western management technologies have found themselvesoutmaneuvered in Asia's post-crisis arena-
- The Overseas Chinese manager's strategies for theinformational black hole o southeast Asia and what Western managerscan learn from them-
- The New Asian Emperor's unique strategic perspectives andmanagement styles revealed through exclusive, in PDF-depthinterviews-
- The implications for successfully co-operating and competingwith the Overseas Chinese of Southeast Asia.
New Asian Emperors offers key insights into the Overseas Chineseand the important role that cultural roots play in their dominanceof Southeast Asian business.
Much has been written about the rise of the Asian ePub economies in recent decades, and their coming economic dominance in the next century. The New Asian Emperors shows how and why overseas Chinese companies are achieving dominance in the Asia Pacific. In the wake of the Asian Currency crisis, this book takes a fresh look at the role PDF of the overseas Chinese as they continue to create some of Asia's most wealthy and successful companies.