The author of the book: Frederick M. Abbott|
Format files: PDF, EPUB
The size of the: 9.32 MB
Edition: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Date of issue: 1/1/2007
Description of the book "International Intellectual Property in an Integrated World Economy":
International Intellectual Property in an Integrated World Economy provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the global system regulating intellectual property rights. The authors use meticulously selected case decisions from different national, regional, and multilateral courts and dispute settlement bodies to illustrate the application of legal principles, as well as to PDF introduce the impact the treatment of intellectual property rights may have on a range of social and economic interests.
This outstanding text recognizes that students today need to understand intellectual property concepts in the context of a global economy. This unique teaching tool:
- explores the technical aspects of ePub intellectual property rights practice and the context in which decisions are made and carried out
- explicitly addresses the importance of technology developments for intellectual property, including how the international intellectual property system may be adapting to pressures for change
- explains the roles of various multilateral organizations in the regulation of intellectual PDF property rights, including the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO), and how other regulating organizations, such as the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Health Organization (WHO), are involved
- analyzes the role of regional organizations such as the European Union (EU), the European Patent Office ePub (EPO), and the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO), as well as explaining the network of multilateral and regional trade agreements within the intellectualproperty rights system, and the mechanisms for the implementation of those agreements
- Provides important tools for future employment in a variety of public settings
The Teacher's Manual provides PDF:
- an up-to-date detailed explanation of the subject matter of the book, expanding upon the underlying themes
- additional substantive content that will aid in class preparation
- links to international institution (and other) websites that can be used for classroom illustration of how the international intellectual property system operates
- suggested paper ePub topics, syllabus/page selection and sample exams
For new teachers, the Teacher's Manual is an invaluable aid for classroom preparation. For experienced teachers, the commentary in the Teacher's Manual provides added value to the text.
* Teaching materials available only for professors only.