The author of the book: C. K. Law (Editor)|
Format files: PDF, EPUB
The size of the: 362 KB
Edition: Taylor & Francis
Date of issue: 6/28/2007
Description of the book "Husita7-- the 7th International Conference of Human Services Information Technology Applications: Digital Inclusion--Building a Digital Inclusive Society / Edition 1":
In today’s information society, to make a real and lasting impact on human welfare takes applications of information technology aimed at enhancing access to all. HUSITA7-The 7th International Conference of Human Services Information Technology Applications: Digital Inclusion-Building a Digital Inclusive Society presents diverse viewpoints from around PDF the globe, examining the latest applications of digital technology for social work education and practice. These conference presentations from respected international authorities discuss the application of ICT (information and communication technology) in various facets of human service to achieve the goal of a digital inclusive society where all have access ePub to education and informational resources.
HUSITA7-The 7th International Conference of Human Services Information Technology Applications examines the development and use of information technology in professional training, including the strengths and limitations of e-learning in social work curriculums along with the rationale behind a learning object approach PDF. Research includes findings from educators in Canada describing the development and implementation of e-learning in social work programs and the qualitative study of technological content in an MSW curriculum. Various types of Web-based learning approaches are explored with an eye toward providing more effective teaching strategies. Various technological advances ePub and approaches toward individual empowerment are described to facilitate greater societal inclusiveness. The book is well referenced and includes several helpful tables and figures.
Topics in HUSITA7-The 7th International Conference of Human Services Information Technology Applications include:
- the learning object approach of e-learning for social work PDF education
- challenges implementing e-learning in social work education
- a research study of the relationship between technology content in social work education and technology use in social work practice
- international partnerships in Web-based teaching
- effective integration of emotion into the content of Web-based learning
- the use of indigenous knowledge in content
- the ePub use of Web CT for effective address of issues such as quality of teaching and communication
- bringing about social inclusion through effective digital government
- how technological advances impact assistive technology
- research on the Internet self-efficacy in older person’s learning of ICT
- a communication tool for the speech impaired
- improving social work service effectiveness through knowledge PDF management (KM)
- the “SenSui” disability information resource in Japan
HUSITA7-The 7th International Conference of Human Services Information Technology Applications is enlightening reading for librarians, social educators, social work students, researchers interested in ICT, and human service professionals.